Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Recap About God's Goodness in 2010

For the past week, I've been glued to my computer finishing the website for my studio, Silver Switch. It's been a long time comin' but I'm happy to announce that the site is almost there. It's another reason why I've been glued coz I want to finish it ASAP.

Working on the photos for the site, I found myself staring at the photos and thinking. I came to remember how everything rolled into becoming this really nice studio that has been such a blessing to my life. 

The old studio was an unfinished room made with half new and half scrap building materials from a torn down building of my grandfather. It was old and messy because I had so much stuff that I didn't have a place to put them in. At times, some of my friends would say that the tazmanian devil swept through the room because of how it was. It sometimes hurt me but I simply let it pass because it was what I had. It had tiled floors and that was it. Walls were unfinished cement, and part of the ceiling was even falling off. It wasn't painted either so you'll literally see which parts of the room were reused. It had zero sound treatment and I didn't have any recording area. Oh yeah, one of the walls had some foam on it from excess materials from an office construction.

BUT I learned to live with it. I did my best to make do with what God gave me and I did a few albums in it, and tons of work for clients. I remember hiding underneath my blanket on my bed with a microphone just to "semi-isolate" my outside world to record some vocals when I was starting out. 

In around 2007 I think, I thought to myself, I have to build my own studio. I tried to save up. I was given a figure by people and I aimed to get that to start construction. But when I finally reached the amount, years went by already and prices had gone up and I couldn't build it again! I was so frustrated. Typing this even reminds me of how frustrated I was. By then, I got so depressed I spent part of the money because I felt that it was all for nothing and my dreams started crashing down. 

And then...

In 2010, after I proposed to my girlfriend, God tells me it's time to build the studio. 

At first I was shocked about the revelation because in the natural world view, it was the wrong time... saving up for a wedding AND building a full pro studio from the ground up? It didn't make sense at that time. But God directed me to the heavenly view and in that view, there was provision. In that view, there were dreams coming to pass. So I set my eyes on that and God delivered. He provided for EVERYTHING. It was not easy since there were times that everything was just enough but He made it happen. He even threw in a guitar for me :)

By the end of May, we started construction and I believe around September, were were done and were simply ironing out the details inside the studio. In January, I got married and the blessings were also there. 

In 2010, God blessed me with the money to build my studio and to give my wife the wedding she dreamed of. All because our God is faithful and He is in love with us and wants the very best for our lives. 

I am honestly not surprised that He did it. I was surprised, that I finally stepped into my little studio dream already but I was not surprised that God made it happen because I know that He has planned for the good things and this is just the beginning. 

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: