Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Social Networks Signal Flow


I was thinking of sharing this... if I've shared this, forgive me. I sometimes blog when I'm half asleep already...

I'm hoping this would also help you with your own social media networks as to how you can easily automate everything if you still maintain a lot of accounts.

Here's how I do it. 

The blog you're reading now, regardless if you're reading from ygroups, Multiply, Facebook, Tumblr, Blogspot, or linked from Twitter, all came from one email. The photos, well, I attach. 

I now always send an email to my ygroup list so that's not the topic here. I send an email to the email blog post feature to blogspot, which then is sucked in by multiply via the atom feed, then I automated multiply to automatically post to facebook, and the RSS feed from multiply is sucked in by Tumblr, and at this point, I already forgot how it ends up on twitter. I think I set Tumblr up to post to Twitter...

email
Blogspot
multiply to facebook
multiply to Tumblr
Tumblr to Twitter

and for those who wonder how I'm always online posting on Facebook stat updates, I'm not. I text my stat updates to Twitter which posts directly to FB so I can do it anywhere. 

Hope that sparks ideas on how you can manage your accounts easily :)

Geek mode off....

Cy

No comments: