Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Headache

I remember when I had a bad case o' colds a few years back that it was coupled with migraine and all. I had a meeting in Makati and on my way home, my condition was so bad, my consciousness literally tuned out and shut down for a few seconds and I found myself hitting the back of a jeep. Praise God it was during heavy traffic that we hardly felt anything and we didn't even check the damages...

I'm reminded of that fateful night coz last night, I was in a similar situation. I had an important meeting that despite my condition, I had to go. I was really out of it. On the way back, my only prayer was "Lord keep me safe and get me home."

My body felt like collapsing. I felt that I was about to vomit at any moment and I was so cold. My body was shaking lightly the whole time driving back from Makati to the South and that was a good hour 'til I found myself falling onto my bed. 

When I arrived close to our village, I was so ready to just drop on my bed so I literally removed my watch, wallet and everything just so I can just fall and sleep once I get home. But it wasn't as easy when I got home. I was relieved that I was safe at home but sleeping wasn't as easy with my headache. 

When I was a kid, I usually wondered how they came up with the term "splitting headache" and I only realized how it does feel like your head's literally splitting, when I got older. 

I feel much better now. I really had to get some rest and sleep it off. But I've been up since after lunch working. 

Right now I'm just dealing with cough and colds and On my way to recovery in Jesus' name!

Cy

No comments: