Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Glimmer of Hope...


I recently joined a remix contest for The Rogue Element in the UK, and even if I didn't win first prize, I'm still thankful for the little things... I was emailed and was told, 

"you will be an official runner up with an honourable mention on our mailshot, website
etc  Congratulations for this and thank you for entering !"

That alone for me is reason enough to be thankful. Best of all, here's what the original artist had to say. 

"This is easily one of the best produced mixes on offer here, melodically
the new elements are strong as well - one criticism would be that it
feels a tiny bit long and could do with a minute or two shaved off, It's
not really the sort of thing I'd play out these days but in terms of
technical standards it is definitely up there..."


That really made my day. 

I mean, I didn't win but I was able to get feedback from my work. I lost heart before when I first lost at a remix contest and didn't finish the other remixes I was working on and God pushed me to have a go at it again and I'm very happy about this tiny speck of hope that I should just keep doing what I'm doing and I will get there. 

Same goes for everyone. If you fail, just get back there and keep at it. Eventually you'll succeed. Just keep your passion alive and you will achieve the impossible.

Life goes on... the keyword is "Life."

Cy

No comments: