Monday, March 28, 2011

(Still) Understanding God's Timing...

With the recent updates happening in my music-making, I often wonder why just now?

Over the years, I've felt that at this point, I may have missed my boat or even wasted my time, not being where I wanted to be at a certain point in my life. I felt that I should be far by now but I feel that I am way behind the goals I saw myself in before. 

This is where God's timing comes in. 

As I mentioned earlier, those were my goals and that was the timeline I saw myself in... But not how God saw it or plotted it I believe. He has His timing and I'm guessing that maybe if I tried to, for example, send my stuff out early on in my career, I might have just gotten rejected countless times and never received any good news back. It made me realize the truth in the phrase "preparation time is never wasted." Now I know that even if I felt nothing was happening for years like getting the "big breaks" I was hoping for, all the while, God was just letting me do my thing, training my production skills and even my ears so that when I'm ready and once I send my stuff out, it would be crisp and rockin... Well, for me at least! 

I guess another thing to consider also is God just trained me and allowed time to pass so that technology can also catch up and make it easier for me to get heard by the people in other countries who signed my tunes to their labels. 

Truth be told, I still have HUGE dreams that I still haven't seen but I know that God's timing is perfect and since He put those dreams in me, He will make sure to fulfill it. SURELY :)

It just makes me more excited now than I ever was...

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: