Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Sound In Mini

Having to live 2 lives as an electronic and rock musician can really put a dent in my expenses. My wallet can really cry out from time to time hehe So in terms of guitar playing, I can't spend as much for now getting a really nice big tube amp. Besides, I only need one for practicing these days and I don't really need a huge and loud one. My two little wonders do their job nicely and I'm really happy with them. 

The first one is a Fender Champion 600 tube amp and the next is a Vox Pathfinder 15r.

The Fender is a really nice little tube amp and the breakup is just perfect. It's a nice amp for the blues player. It's a small one but a wonder in recording as most would say online. For small intimate jams, the volume and sound is ok but don't expect it to deliver LOUD coz the speaker won't permit much.

The Vox on the other hand is a different beast. It's small but it IS loud!!! It's cheap too! I got it coz I enjoyed the sound I got from it while trying it out. I really wasn't planning on buying an amp but after hearing this, I was sold on it. The sound of the amp is very tube-like and even without engaging the boost, the crunch I get from just the gain sounds really sweet. The nice additions to this amp are the spring reverb and the tremolo. After our other guitar player tried this amp during a jam, he had a tremolo pedal made :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: