Saturday, May 29, 2010

My View on Reason 5

I really thought there'd be more to it. However, from a user's point of view, I like them equally especially since I use reason and record for everything. Blocks feature looks nice but I'd have to explore it further to see If I'd like it more. I was always needing markers for Reason but this didn't answer that:(

Neptune is the one I'm looking forward to since I wanted some pitch correction in Record. Plus the fact that since Record didn't include pitching in their timestretching, I find this very useful to do everything inside it rather than opening up Ableton to do it. The sampling feature is a welcome addition as well. I'm relieved I don't have to open a separate audio recording application. Even recording in Record to load it into a sampler can get a bit winded so I like the sampling feature added. Kong... What can I say... WOW. I don't need a machinedrum after all LOL but seriously, they saved the best for last. Kong is really King!

But goin back, as much as there are additions, the features they didn't include were really sought after. And you can check the props forum to see a lot of good suggestions. And yes the rack size is one thing. Seeing that it was v4-5 and not like a v4.5 or 4 update, I wish they had more in store. I'm a happy camper just the same. Can't wait to update to v5!!!!

silverfilter

www.silverfilter.com
myspace.com/silverfilter
silverfilter.multiply.com
twitter.com/silverfilter
facebook.com/silverfilterofficial

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: