Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another First In My Life...

It was a long day last Tuesday. I had a client and I was to finish an arrangement for an ad for a politician. Client arrived hours later from the time they asked me to show up so I didn't have much time to work on it coz I had to rush to the gig. I'll fast forward to go to why I wrote this post...
Paolo, our drummer kept on calling our new bass player for The Silverfilter but he wasn't answering. That was around 8pm. Our call time was 9pm and our bass player was to hitch a ride with them going to the venue. a dozen calls later, still no answer. I had to pitch in so we were 2 guys calling already. They were in Alabang, I was in Makati on my way. Still no answer. I told the boys to wait there and not leave since our bassist might need a ride... did I mention we've been trying to call him for 2 hours already? So it was 10pm... I HAD to go to the venue. 
Paolo suggested, our bassist might have gone ahead and couldn't hear his phone inside the venue MAYBE coz of the bands and all... I told him you've been trying since 8pm so I doubt he might've been there. But we had to have a limit. I went to the venue by myself and still TRIED to see if he was there and I'm sure you, readers, won't be surprised if I said he wasn't. I had to humbly apologize to the organizer and tell him we'd have to cancel... why?
Our bassist was MIA. Yes. For the first time in my life, we couldn't find a bandmate. ANYWHERE. He even has 2 phones. One kept ringing, the other was out of coverage. In this day and age of mobile phones and such, we couldn't reach him. The irony.
I didn't hear from him until the next day. No need to post his apology here but what happened was really weird. I couldn't fully get pissed off because in a way, I also found it 1% funny how we can't find the guy. 
Anyway, he showed up in jam earlier tonight and I kept on teasing him REMINDING him of our show tom at Saguijo. 
So there. there's always a first for everything and as bad as it was to cancel a gig, we really had no choice and that first was still a bit funny in a weird sense...
Cy

No comments: