Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Multitasking and Just Doing Everything...

As I wait for my video to upload, I'll take the time to write an entry. So multitasking it is...

But it's interesting how the video you may end up viewing later on was shot, recorded and edited by myself. It's nice to be able to know how to do those things but trust me, I'd rather have someone do it for me so I can focus more on making music than editing or shooting videos. 

But I guess this leads me to this blog's topic... how we as musicians today tend to be everything for everyone... we make music, we promote, we market, we design our merch, we deliver our music to key people, we design websites, we blog, we shoot videos and edit them, and so much more. 

I guess that's just it... Being a musician today simply entails being more than one. If you want to get yourself out there, read up and learn things that you can do other than music to help promote your act, or create things that can help get your name out there. Now I'm not saying pour time and money into it but try to at least have a basic grasp on things. It can help you immensely. If you ask me, I would LOVE to have a team of people helping me out. By the way, if you wanna help out, please let me know. I'd gladly accept the help at this point :) Going back to my point, it's nice to have that but it's also nice to be able to know how to do it when there are times that the people you rely on for certain things aren't available or cannot attend to it asap. This way, you can do some small tweaks to let's say your website, or possibly fix your promotional materials in social media, or even send out your press kit via email. 

We live in a different world now. I would have loved to just focus on writing and creating music. But since I don't have that luxury, I am also thankful for the time and the knowledge that I have gained trying to do everything. It's fun too! try it!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: