Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Fun In Teaching My 1 on 1 Music Production Course

As some of you who follow my blog or have seen my updates, I do a little teaching on music production. It's quite informal in the sense that the environment is very casual. I'd like to think it's like when we were kids and we had to have some "summer lessons" on a particular skill or instrument. So for what I'm doing, I'd like to think it's a summer thing for learning :)

Aside from meeting new people and gaining new friends, which is one of the best things in doing this, I just find it nice that since I tailor my tutorials to the students' needs and requirements, I learn a LOT in the process as well and I then tend to dig back to things I've also set aside when it comes to genre specific stuff. 

Some students of mine enrolled to learn more on songwriting, some for recording a band, some for dance music, some for chillout, and just recently, my new student is in to learn dubstep. 

It's a fun thing to do and it really keeps me on my toes. As I share my knowledge, I then of course want to learn more to share with my students so I also do my own research for more of what they want to know so it's a really nice cycle of learning :)

I am looking forward to the future students and friends-to-be for those who would be interested to sign up one day :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: