Thursday, April 19, 2012

And It's Almost May...

Time flies. 

I'm just glad though that I finally found my rhythm again and have found myself inside the studio more often the past week and getting more work and tunes done. 

Since Olivia's birth last December, I hardly had any time to actually work on personal projects. It was more on "work" music and all my tracks have been put on hold. I'm just glad that this past week, I was able to work on my album once again and I'm very positive for a May release... I promise :)

So what have I been doing then?

Well, I've been going over the mixdown of each of the tracks on the album. This takes long since I really comb thru the entire track checking each second if it sounds right. It's quite a repetitive process in a sense that you keep on listening to the same tune over and over again but it's something that's needed. I needed to listen to it in different environments as well so I listened on my main studio monitor speakers, my secondary monitors, a hifi setup, and 3 pairs of headphones... of course another listening session will happen in the car to at least get a feel for different listening environments regarding the mix. After I'm confident with the output then I'm off to master it... then another set of listening sessions will happen once more :) 

During downtime or rest periods, I also found myself working on the album cover. As I finish typing this, I'll be heading to my other computer where I do the designs to work on the inner sleeve already. 

Yesterday, I also sorted out some details about my label and my international distribution to prepare for the album. As some of you may know, the album will be available globally via preferred online stores from itunes to beatport. I'm pretty excited actually. 

I'm planning to sell advanced copies on May 19 so let's see :)

That's it for now. If you missed the last posts, check them out as I've uploaded a couple of live sets which you may enjoy!

God bless :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: