Saturday, October 1, 2011

Reason 6! How to Update

Reason-6

Thank God for the Pay What You Want Scheme of Propellerheads for the release of Reason 6 for duo owners like me! It was a good move of them since it felt quite unfair that I bought Reason then Record then bought the upgrades and I'd have to pay the same price like all of the people who didn't even bother upgrading from older versions and not even getting Record so it's a fair move and one I gladly grabbed. 

I'm also thankful to God that I didn't experience the update woes of people as the forum has been filled with various issues in updating for other users so getting to update swiftly in my case was a real breather. I was hesitant of doing the update immediately at first since I was in the middle of a project but I guess I was too excited. 

Unfortunately, Installing Reason 6 automatically renders Record obsolete. I can run Record but not the same as when I had Reason 5. Now it's just Record so all the things I made inside Record with Reason needs to be reopened and re-saved inside Reason 6 now. Bummer. That's the only negative I can see from it but it's a minor thing. 

For those who haven't updated yet, the process is smooth. Just head on over to the props site then pay what you want. Don't feel bad if you can't pay much. They offered a dollar minimum so it's up to you. Don't feel pressured especially if you don't have the money to splurge at the moment. Just thank them if you get it low and buy a Refill from the prop shop later once you save up some money :) Once you've decided, you're led to the checkout page and it's self explanatory from there. I paid paypal so it's your choice if you want it thru paypal or Credit Card. Then after payment, wait a bit and you'll get your invoice and confirmation in the email. Head on over to your account section in the props site and you'll see now that there's a Reason 6 license in your products already. Now if you haven't yet, download the installer (full or demo is the same so don't worry about it). It's a huge file so download will take time. After completing the download, just open the installer file. It will ask you to drag the reason folder into the application folder. It will ask you if you wanna replace the existing one then just select replace and go for it (make sure you don't have files in the Reason program folder!). After that, you can now open the Reason icon in your application folder. It will then work in the background to manage the license online and to configure your ignition key. You'll be asked to restart but after that, you're good to go!

I've just been too busy lately with tons of work that's why I haven't experimented on the new devices, the expanded soundbank, etc but I'll give you an update soon!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: