Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Computer...

for #5 of the blog topics list, it says "Technology That Empowers Me." This actually really made me think and get torn between my laptop or my mobile phone. The laptop won :)

I won't say that ever since I could remember, I've been into personal computers. I actually can say that I'm pretty much a late bloomer. From my teens to my adult life, All I had use for it was to make assignments and to type stuff. I think I was 18 then when I started getting into music software and that's where my whole career life story began. But that's not for this entry. 

So why did I choose it? Well, apart from the usual "surfing," I can honestly say that the internet through my computer has partly been responsible in making the silverfilter project possible. I've used it massively to promote in the early years, to create the website, to design silverfilter shirts and logos, to make posters, and most especially, to make the music that I release. If not for it, I guess I can say that I'm pretty much in the dark technology-wise. Good thing I can play guitar... then I'm not so alone in the dark after all hehe

But yeah, I know I'm stating the obvious but the role it has played in defining and bringing my silverfilter project out there is really something to be shared.

Of course, during this day and age, it's not something new. I'm only in the underground electronic scene... what about those "internet celebrities" who made a name out of sites like youtube etc right? What about the brands that compete in a level playing field once their online against big names? All these are possible these days with the help of the computer and it's really something to behold if you take a step back from just seeing it as your facebook machine.

Now it's not about which OS you choose. I once was a die hard PC user before I moved on to using Macs but it's not to say that it's definitely better. If you're good with a PC, then be happy with it. I've been empowered by PCs for more than a decade now and I don't regret sticking with it even when all my friends were jumping into the Mac bandwagon a few yrs back. Had my HP laptop fan survived, I would've been still a PC user to this day.

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: