Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The NU107 Against The Flow guesting

I recently visited NU and was a guest for their show Against The Flow...

The DJ, Jordan, has seen me in all my incarnations as a musician from drummer, to vocalist, to guitar player, and of course, as silverfilter. It was a pleasure to finally be on NU as silverfilter. I guess it has always been a goal of mine to be on it. Jordan was very accommodating and the moment I mentioned about the new album and asked if he would be willing to have me and go through the album, he said yes and gave me a date.

The guesting was fun. I think Jordan was surprised to hear the lighter side of me since he's only heard my dance tracks. He didn't know it was an ambient album at all. I was also hoping to go through a lot of the tracks but the time wasn't enough. I really wanted to do a whole album preview talking about the songs, etc but the limit is there and we have to live with it. We covered 3 tracks. It was enough to get even just a few people to take notice. I got someone to visit the site and drop a line saying he heard me on NU. Some of my friends also texted ordering the album from hearing me on air so it's all good.

As usual, I handed some silverfilter pins and stickers, did the usual shoots for photos, and basically had fun.

I'll be at the edgeradio.net this Friday to continue the promotions for the new album. Tune in!

Cy

No comments: