Thursday, December 13, 2012

Three of my Goals for 2013

In Habakuk 2:2, it reads

And the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.

I decided to write this down and share it with everyone so that anyone who reads this, may it be my family, friends or other relatives, can run with and pray for me as I take on this task claiming for the best outcome :)

1. BREAKS

Since I love producing breakbeat tracks, I'm gunning to get in the best Breaks labels in the world. I'm targeting the top 15 labels housing the best of the best out there. As it is, it's already a blessing to have released under Kick It Recordings, which has Access Denied releasing with them as well, who is one of the major players in the breaks scene. The goal for me now is to get in on the top labels and to be recognized as a breaks producer who can deliver. If I can even get a mention at the annual Breakspoll then that would really make my year!

Right now, i'm finishing mixing and mastering, during my free time, my recent 3 best breaks tracks to be submitted for consideration. Once that's done, I blast it off to the labels and see who responds :)

I'm pretty excited. Really excited. 

2. SCORING

I'm planning to prepare a major demo reel of mine for scoring. This is the bigger task since I am starting everything from zero. I plan to make fresh ones and really take my time to produce, mix, and master all of them to pretty high standards to be able to present myself to filmmakers locally and abroad. Of course I want to channel local filmmakers first since I also want to be a player in bringing the quality of local music scoring up. I want to at least, to the best of my abilities, be able to produce scores that can deliver. It may not be as grand as "hollywood" sounding because I don't have a full orchestra in my studio, but that is the target. To get as close to that within my capabilities.

I'm starting over with new ones because I want to really nail things down. I have a pretty good bank of works done in the past decade but this is also a challenge that I put on myself to do new and better ones... Music scoring that I've NEVER done before. That is the challenge for me.

3. TRIKE RECORDS

Lastly, I am now finally going to focus on regular releases for my label, Trike Records. I hope to release monthly at least and twice a month if I can. I'll primarily be releasing silverfilter material of course but will be including releases from other local producers as well. I can't commit now though to regular names because it's also hard to get consistent commitments from other producers so we may just feature some people from time to time if they are able to submit anything for release. So lately I've been looking around for local remixers for my tracks to feature them instead. It's less pressure this way. This is to also help them get their name out so let's see how this goes!

Here's hoping for the best and to fulfilling dreams and achieving our goals in 2013!

 

Cy

 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: