Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yay For Motorized Fader

[[posterous-content:pid___0]]Yes that's fader without an S coz my new toy only has one. hehe

Just got the Frontier Alphatrack for use with Reason and I must say it's great! I just chanced upon this one for sale and did some research on it. When doing mixes, I've come to that point where I also want to tweak or adjust using real knobs and faders and buttons. I've been lookin to get a Novation Remote Zero but budget won't allow so I was surprised to find out how the AT works tightly with Reason! With its motorized fader, I can now somehow "touch" my mix and adjust on the fly without using the mouse. It's a breeze to go track by track and not only is it great for mixing but also for the whole process of writing since there's a button for everything like track, instrument, even patch change per instrument. With the nice SSL clone mixer of Reason, it also now responds and reacts as well as reflects directly onto the AT. 

I must say though I've just been getting the hang of it for the past hour since I just got it today but looking at how it integrates tightly as a Reason controller, I am looking forward to a quicker workflow with this!

You Reason users might want to check this product out! :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: