Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What Have I Been Up To?!

I feel bad for not being as consistent with the entries but I've been busy so I hope it's an excuse! :)

First off and most importantly, I've been very busy taking care of my now 2-month old baby, Olivia.

30012012430
I've been terribly busy I keep forgetting it's mid Feb already and I've held up a lot of personal projects eep!

January saw the completion of one of my biggest projects of the year for a company Germany where I work with sound library music. This year, I got the privilege to write female pop songs from lyrics to the music as well as supervise the whole vocal recording! It was quite an experience to tell you the truth. It was stressful but rewarding in the end and the experience I gained was priceless :)

In between, I was able to squeeze in of course a new student for my music production course. If you're interested in it, send me a message so I can send you the details.

I also did a few ads. One for Mighty Bond and another for Century Tuna with Derek Ramsay and others. I'm talking about the music here ok? hehe

I was also fortunate enough to be trusted by a band called Nelo for their new EP. So we did their album last January and I came in as overall producer and collaborator as well as some input in some songwriting. It was a fun and rewarding experience as well. We tracked their whole 5-song EP in 2 days. That was the sched I was given and I'm really happy we were able to finish it. At this point, I'm just mixing then mastering the EP for them to pick up. 

I also played in a wedding imagine that! But I was blessed and FORTUNATE coz I played for actual silverfilter fans :) I was really happy to be invited to play for their special day and not only did I get to play but I also did a set (once more) with Skarlet! It was definitely a fun experience. I also rolled out our "Rolling In The Deep" version, which brought the house alive. Congrats again to Efren and Tessa! 

And onto February, I've opened it up with a few ads for some schools and another tuna ad, which I'll announce once they're finalized hehe I also started a new session for a new student for the music prod class. Towards the end of this month, I'll be busy as the studio's being used for the recording of an album of an American friend for her songs so I'm looking forward to that. 

As you have read, it's been ALL work-related so I haven't been able to work on my personal silverfilter projects, which I sorely miss. I do hope to finish a few before the month ends because I DESPERATELY need to submit something to Beatport for release or else my new label will be under a bad light :(

I'm hoping to finish my album within Feb-March so watch out for it. This time it's real. I've actually been gathering funds for it already :) 

The year may have started a bit slow on the silverfilter side but it'll definitely catch up for sure just watch this space!

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: