Thursday, December 29, 2011

Last Gig of The Year

409686_1742784865405_1712245215_900464_1408625946_n
(Thanks to Jezi for the photo)

unbeknownst to most is that I've declined gigs for Dec... the "peakest" of the peak in the season in our industry. This is of course due to Bernice being due to give birth mid December. I just decided to just lay everything down and just make up for everything next year. Priorities...

But I couldn't miss the Electronica Manila night for the 29th of Dec because we were doing it for a Cause. We had this to raise funds for the victims of Sendong and what better way to give of our time and talent than to play to raise funds to help people. 

We also didn't have just music but we were also raising funds through selling anything like our CDs, Merch, etc to add to the funds we were raising. 

Unfortunately, I played a wee bit too late that there were no people to buy the stuff I was selling haha I ended up giving a few CDs away to one of the employees of Saguijo who was into what I was doing. It felt nice having what I do be appreciated that he ended up getting 2 free CDs hehe He also told me that there were 3 guys who came to see me but couldn't wait any longer and left :(

Anyway, just to share, the last time I played Saguijo was a few weeks back and it was packed because it was the digital launch of Techy Romantics' new album. I remember tweeting back then that my set was bad. It really was for my standards. It was kinda all over the place. I guess I'm just too hard on myself at times. Funny thing was, tonight, I had no audience. Of course, I won't count the organizer, the performers, and the employees. There were a few people but I felt that I did a really nice live set. Waaaaaay better than the one I did when there were people haha wrong timing.

And so with that, I end 2011. A fund raising gig with noone during my set but ended up nice... makes me hopeful for 2012 :)

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: