Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Get Some Music Software Cheaper!

This is pretty specific but a lot of other products tie up with various brands so take this as you see fit :)

If you've bought some hardware controllers or other hardware products over the past 5 years or so, you may have noticed that it came with some freebie "lite" versions of popular software like Ableton, Cubase, etc. Some of the people I know actually have discarded these installer CDs just because they were "lite" versions or "LE" or limited edition versions... yeah sometimes it appears that it just came with your controller as a little add-on to make the purchase seem more than worth it. Truth is, it is!

For a real life example, I was one of those people who either threw out the installer or in my case, I lost the CD. I actually had to go online on forums to ask other people who may have some of their CD installers lying around because those my friends, are gold. 

Not getting into exact figures but the Lite version of Ableton Live actually gives you around $100 off your upgrade to the full version! Neat eh!? This is what I did. Once I found someone who sent me his lite installer, I was well on my way getting the full version and that's how I got my copy of Ableton. 

Right now, I actually had to dig up my old box of my NI Audio Kontrol 1 to look for my old Traktor installer because once again, it's $100 off to upgrade to the full version! 

So there! Just a little reminder to all you guys and gals out there who may have ignored their humble lite installers in favor at looking at the full versions not knowing that they actually have money in their hands for a nicer and more practical upgrade path :)

So who's going to look for their old installers after this? 

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: