Monday, November 21, 2011

How's Your Ear? Test Your Listening Now!

Screen_shot_2011-11-22_at_3

CREDIT

For almost a decade now, I feared for my hearing. Having played the drums professionally a few times a week for a couple of years made me feel like I may have damaged it. All these years, I prayed (really) for God to restore my hearing like that of a child's. Why? Well, working in music professionally now doing mixing and mastering stuff really need the best my ears can give. When I go out now in clubs especially rock joints, I always have my ear plugs on or at the very least a pair of folded table napkin in my ears to protect it.

Our ears can hear a certain range of frequencies and as we know, the animals can hear more high pitched ones. As we grow old, the range of frequencies we're able to hear narrows down a bit depending on how you took care of your ears. 

Going back to my story, I never got around to having my ears checked and then I came across this site and did their test last night. I can't tell you how happy I was upon checking my hearing. The test starts from 22. I heard it starting at 18. For our everyday listening the higher ups are already high and it's really more piercing than pleasant.

Try the test out and lemme know which frequency you started hearing it?

http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencycheckhigh.php

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: