Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Album Buying Experience

It's funny how timely it is for this post since these days, a hug percentage of the music loving population download music instead but for us collectors, it's not simply about owning the piece of music. The joy in finding and searching is part of it. It's very different now how we can just type an album or artist on google to search and download their tracks compared to going into a store hoping to find some gem stuck in one of those racks. I find joy in that and I thoroughly miss form time to time that I need to get out and look for new music I can get my hands on literally. Problem is, with the spread of piracy all over, I can't find quality electronic music CDs to buy because the local record stores simply don't bring it in anymore. Sad. For people who knew me from way back, you'd find me EVERY single week in a record shop making it a point to leave with a CD in hand. These days, I'd be lucky to find myself in one once a month :(

So when we went to Hongkong just last week, that was my only "to-do" for the visit. I wasn't there to get new clothes or buy some new gear or anything. My heart was set on getting music I've always wanted to buy but never got to because it wasn't available here. I was like a kid in a candy store and how I loved checking out the music there. If I only had more money to spend, I would've gone home with TONS of CDs.

But then again, this is what I ended up getting...

Cy

Posted via email from silverfilter living

No comments: