Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Little Studio update

I'm gonna be renovating my studio and finally it's gonna happen after half a yr of delay. Madz once dubbed it as a place where the Tazmanian devil lives. It WAS a bedroom studio so everything was there naturally.

My new and HIGHLY improved studio would be JUST a studio and the room would be a separate thing so I'll have space for a couch and some chairs for lounging, the proper gear, furniture, cabinets, and the lighting. I'm also putting in a proper vocal booth sized just enough for a drum kit as well since I plan to do drum recordings in it. I'll also be opening it up to friends. Not as public as I'd like to but for people I know esp electronic acts for vocal recordings on tracks, or do and record session guitars if you need guitar parts on your tracks hehehe, etc. All my money is poured into the studio structure right now so upgrades inside would follow later on. I can still manage anyway with my current setup. The only thing I got for the studio itself were some pieces of studio furniture like a set of quiklok monitor stands paired with their workstation desk.

As I mentioned, my current setup (at the moment) is typical. Not as powerful or expensive as I'd like to but I have to set my priorities. I just have a PC laptop, an NI soundcard (which I love), a pair of Alesis Monitors, an Akai controller, a couple of synths (left), and my normal band setup of drums and guitars. I also have a pair of those Bose speakers which I use just to change my listening environment to see how it sounds on hifi systems. I just have an AT 4040 condenser and a simple Shure SM58. My dream list would definitely be longer but my point is we can definitely make music with so little these days that it's really pointless to think and say that "if I had... I could." For my liveset, there's a different gear list for that haha

I'm still thinking of a name. I came up with one already but I'll wait til something else hits me just in case :)

For my modest wishlist: I want a new set of KRK monitors, A nice mic preamp, a full Mac System, Logic, and a few nice plugs. For now I'm not really looking into getting all the most expensive and high end stuff. I'm more into getting something that works and within budget eventually. As of now, I'm happy with my setup so a little upgrade bump would suffice. Maybe I'm getting old hahaha

Ayun lang. nakwento ko lang hehe

Cy

s i l v e r f i l t e r
http://www.silverfilter.com
http://www.myspace.com/silverfilter
http://silverfilter.multiply.com
http://www.facebook.com/silverfilter
http://www.twitter.com/silverfilter

No comments: