Saturday, June 13, 2009

"Wifi" your home and more...

I'm sure some are aware but to those who aren't, you can use your lappy's to transmit a wifi signal to make your house a hotspot. you don't need to get wifi routers anymore (provided your simply surfing from your mobile, ipod a few meters from your computer while on the bed or anywhere not too far from your computer). I won't do a tutorial here coz there are hundreds online and on youtube. By the way, youtube turns out to be a better source for how to's than google since you can see a video with it.

Going back, I personally used mine to share my net connection from one laptop to another and to get apps directly while lying on the bed with my computer outside the room. The connection's pretty decent and its pretty fun as well...

Best thing I'd like to share for those with iphones or ipod Touch units is the app named "off" freely downloadable from the App Store. I'll explain it in how I use it... Since I use my computer as my router for wifi connection, I have to keep it open while I'm surfing in my room via ipod. What I do to make it worthwhile while it's on is I download movies then just leave it then head to my room. What OFF does is if I get sleepy, I can easily access my computer via my ipod and turn it off from there so I don't need to stand up and walk all the way to the computer. Of course that's the lazy function but my point is its ease. Some reviews I read is when a dad can make sure his children turned off the computer so that's very useful.

These are the times my geek side comes out and I'd say it's helped me a lot haha

Cy

No comments: